A great electric scooter Neo with removable battery- launched by Yamaha
Recently, in March 2022, Yamaha, a Japanese vehicle company, has launched a very attractive Yamaha Neo Electric Scooter, in European market with the name Neo Electric scooter. This scooter has been launched in Europe at a price of EUR 3,005 (Appx 2.5 lakh in Indian Rs).
Though, it will be available in commercial form by 2025. In this, the Yamaha company has used brushless motor which is a DC motor. This electric bike can generate power of 2.03kW in standard mode. While, in Eco Mode it can generate power of 1.58kW. The scooter accelerates to a maximum speed of 40Km/h in Standard mode and on the other hand, it is 35Km/h for Eco mode. This e-scooter is equivalent to a 50cc petrol powered scooter.
Yamaha New Looks
- The Yamaha Neo’s looks quite compact.
- Its fascia houses twin LED headlights and is distinctive too.
- Though, unlike the EVs we see in India, the Yamaha Neo’s gets a fairly conservative design.
Yamaha Neo Features
- Apart from regular things, many special features are also given in this E-Scooter like- Twin headlights, LCD Display support in front etc.
- The scooter has a removable battery feature with a 50.4V Lithium Ion battery.
- It comes with dual battery setup.
- It takes appx 8 hours to charge it from the socket found at home, which is called a type 1 charger.
- Talking about its other features, it also gets smart key and LCD instrument cluster and they can be paired with a smartphone.
- Through this feature, you keep getting information about battery, route, calls and messages etc.
- Under the seat of the scooter, there is an empty space of 27 liters capacity.
- If we talk about the range of the scooter, it gets a range of 37.5 km with a single battery. If you get another battery also (as it has double battery feature), it increases to almost double.
That is, with the double battery, you can get a range of up to 70 km, which will also depend to some extent on the conditions of the ride. Note that, here the space available under the seat of the scooter gets reduced when another battery is installed.
Expected Launch Date
Though, India launch of this new Yamaha Electric Scooter has not been confirmed yet. But, Yamaha India is working on EVs. As per latest update, they have planned a dealer meet in April 2022 to showcase the future of Yamaha India. Hopefully, at this event Yamaha will showcase their first India-spec electric scooter.
Yamaha has more plans with its electric scooter line-up since the E01 concept is also in the pipeline. As of now, This E-scooter is being tested on a public sharing platform in Europe and will debut in 2025.