Top retrofitting companies in India for 2w and 4w, as well as the costs involved?
This article highlights top retrofitting companies in India, Cost Involved and Retrofitting advantages:
India has stepped out towards cleaner and better transportation with the growth in electric mobility. The Indian government has taken a step for starting new policy frameworks to promote electric vehicles or the EV, with some R&D efforts towards developing EV components. They are thinking for procurement of new electric fleets.
And this is where the important topic of retrofitting electric vehicles comes in. Electronic Vehicles retrofitting means to convert existing petrol or diesel run vehicles into an electric vehicle. The government has suggested and allowed conversion or the retrofitting of old vehicles into hybrid electric vehicles.
According to the official estimates, there are approx. 1.5 lakh diesel vehicles in the city that have completed 10 years. The total number of petrol vehicles older than 15 years is much larger at over 28 lakh.
Top electric vehicle retrofitting companies in India
If you are thinking for electric vehicle retrofitting, here is a list of the top companies that offer retrofitting services or offer electric car conversion kits in India. Few companies listed here include top electric vehicle startups that can help in converting a regular petrol car into an electric car. These companies provide 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers retrofitting vehicles in India. These are:
Company name – E-trio
Company name – Loop Moto
Company name – EV Retron Energies
Location – Hyderabad
Website – www.retronev.in
Company name – Cell propulsion
Website – www.cellpropulsion.com
Company name – RACEnergy
Company name – Folks Motor
Location name – Volta Automotive
Company name – Northway Motorsport
Website – www.northwayms.com
Company name – Motor Kit
Company name– Bosch
Company name – GoGoA1
Location- Navi Mumbai
Electric Vehicle Retrofitting Cost
According to Automobile experts, retrofitting of old diesel and petrol cars and four-wheelers cost Rs 3-5 lakh depending on battery capacity and range. The retrofitting of two- wheelers cost less depending on the type of battery and manufacturers, they said.
Here are some benefits of retrofitting 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers.
Advantages of Electric Car Conversion
There are many advantages of retrofitting your car into EV. These are-
- Rather than filling up at the gas station, you will be able to plug in your car.
- Your carbon footprint will be significantly reduced.
- The conversion project is usually relatively easy for someone with some mechanical skill.
- Finally, you will be able to make use of a “donor vehicle” – a car or small truck that may not be running, but is in otherwise good shape.
- An average electric car conversion can run less than INR 4.5 Lakhs and could easily save you money in the long term.
- You can keep the vehicles running after retrofitting them with EV kits after 10-15 years also, whereas diesel and petrol vehicle are not allowed.